Our lives are changing every day amid COVID-19. Despite the limitations placed on us for staying indoors and limiting exposure to the public, exercise is critical for maintaining our immune system, as well as our emotional and physical health. Staying active will also limit your risk for injuries due to inactivity. Remember our favorite motto: motion is the lotion.
- Get Outside. While we are limiting exposure to the public, it is essential to continue to stay active. Getting outside will help relieve some of the monotony of being cooped up indoors for an extended period. Fresh air and sunshine can do wonders for your physical and mental well being. Commit to getting a minimum of thirty minutes of exercise a day. Walk the dog. Keep in touch with friends and family by putting on your earbuds and giving them a call while you walk.
- Go for a Run. Runners, the snow is melting, and you can continue to maintain your athleticism by going for a run. Running outside is an excellent option for staying in shape and releasing endorphins.
- Try Yoga. There are many great yoga videos you can watch from the comfort of your home. Namaste.
- Go for a Hike. We are blessed to be near many excellent hiking spots. Don your favorite hiking shoes and head for the trails. Take time to be present in your surroundings and enjoy your time outdoors. Breathe in the fresh air and feel the sunshine on your skin.
- View Our Exercise Videos. We have produced a fantastic series of exercises that you can do from the comfort of your home. Check out these videos by visiting our YouTube channel here. Also, our founder, Barrett Ford, PT, created a full-body stretch sequence that you can do every day to minimize injury and improve flexibility. Find this video here.
- Workout at Home. You don’t need gym equipment to get a great workout. Exercises such as planks, situps, pushups, leg lifts, squats, and burpees will get your heart rate up while also building strength. Choose exercises that work the entire body for the best benefits.
- Go Snowshoeing. The recent snow has given our mountains a nice coating of the white stuff. Please take advantage of it by snowshoeing in one of our sno-parks. Be sure to dress in layers though, so you stay warm.
- Play Disc Golf. We have a bunch of great disc golf courses in Central Oregon. Play.
- Go Mountain Biking. The snow is going to melt quickly with the warmer temps we have coming. Take some time to go for a mountain or road bike ride.
- Go Cross Country Skiing. The ski resorts may be closed, but you can have winter fun and a great workout cross country skiing. If you haven’t tried it, now’s a PERFECT time. Rent some skis at one of our local ski shops and head up.
Your health and well being are important to us. If you have any concerns, please give us a call at the location most convenient for you. Stay active, stay positive and keep smiling.